venerdì 14 novembre 2014

Supernatural: Jared Padalecki, Jensen Ackles and Robbie Thompson Tease the 200th Episode




Supernatural is going to be hitting a milestone that so few shows ever reach: its 200th episode. Coinciding with its tenth season, the 200th episode breaks the fourth wall — in a way that Supernatural likes to do — and introduces Sam and Dean to a case that’s taking place in an all-girls high school where a young woman is directing a play based on the “Supernatural” books by Carver Edlund (a.k.a. Chuck). A play that’s quite interpretive, in fact (see: robots in space in act 2). While the girls act out their director’s vision of the Winchester brothers’ lives, it’s up to Sam and Dean to save the production from a monster that is kidnapping those involved with it.
During several red carpet events leading up to the milestone episode of Supernatural, we spoke to stars Jared Padalecki and Jensen Ackles, as well as producers Phil Sgriccia and Robbie Thompson (who wrote “Fan Fiction”), about the episode and why it’s a love letter to the fans.
“At the beginning of the season, [showrunners Jeremy Carver and Bob Singer] floated the idea that we might do something absurd for the fifth episode: a high school musical. And as soon as I heard that I thought ‘I will kill all the [other] writers to write this episode’,” joked Thompson. “As soon as I heard it I started thinking about the movie ‘Rushmore’, which is ultimately this one kid [who] puts on these love letters to these movies that he loves. It just felt like a great way to craft a love letter to the show and a love letter [to the fans].” When asked what Thompson hopes fans take away from the episode, he said “that I love them. You know, we have a really unique fanbase. It’s incredibly broad. It’s diverse. There’s no way to cover everybody in one episode, but we really wanted to do something that was special and unique. We have such a unique show that allows us to take these weird big swings and it was a great opportunity to kind of take a pause for the season from where we are right now. It’s kind of a natural break and we wanted to be a little silly. We really wanted to make fun of ourselves as well. I think Bob Singer put it best when he said ‘what other show than Supernatural would take the time out of 200 episodes to make fun of itself?'”
“The guest cast is phenomenal,” Sgriccia gushed. “Jared and Jensen were fantastic and the car always hit its mark. So we’re good there. It’s something we haven’t done before and the [brothers] have to go through a certain amount of mayhem to get to the other side.”
“It’s a ‘This is Your Life’ of the first five seasons because those are the Carver Edlund books,” Padalecki said. “But it’s a nice shoutout to the fans and a nice salute. Whether [Sam and Dean are] playing Jared and Jensen [like in 'The French Mistake'] or whether they’re in fake CSI episodes and Grey’s Anatomy episodes like ‘Changing Channels’, I think it just completes the canon for Sam and Dean where they’re put into so many different and bizarre situations that each time they learn and grow. I think it makes them better for it.” Padalecki also explained that “We’ve been in a situation like this probably more than actors in other TV shows where they tell us to break the fourth wall. We’re always thrilled. I think I speak for us both when I say our approach to this is as long as we can remain true to Sam and Dean [then as actors we're OK with it].”
“It’s a priceless moment in my opinion, in the story of Supernatural, when Sam and Dean walk into the auditorium, having no idea, and there’s their life being portrayed in front of them, on a stage by all high school girls. Needless to say, I don’t know what my face looked like, but it was probably pretty interesting,” Ackles said, going on to explain that “The guest cast was amazing. And [when I was reading the script] I’m thinking ‘if they don’t get the right people for this [it could go haywire] and I don’t know how they can, because this is such a specific thing, and I don’t know anyone that can actually do this and pull this off’. And I walk in the door and I meet these girls, and I’m like ‘oh, so they did find them!’

Source

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento