martedì 12 agosto 2014

Jensen for Harper's Bazaar China Magazine

Q: Supernatural is one of your best notable works. Do you still remember how you were cast as Dean Winchester 11 years ago?

A: I had contact with the director and production team before, and we knew each other pretty well. When the director approached me, he felt I am suited to play this character. Therefore I was auditioned twice only and confirmed shortly after.




Q: What are the similarities and differences between yourself and Dean Winchester?

A: Actually we are pretty different. Dean Winchester is a typical hero; he will forever be the first one to charge and fight. He has a very distinct personality. However I am more like a peaceful person off screen. I don’t like adventure. It’s not fear of failure. It’s just if life is good and happy then there is no need to impose changes. I am gentle and accommodating in real life.

Q: Had the thought of quitting ever crossed your mind in past 11 years? Were there any moments that made you hesitate?

A: Definitely not. I spend 10 months a year on doing Supernatural. There is not much time left for me to take other offers. Because we work together so well, I usually sign up Supernatural firstly each year to ensure its time requirements. Most of the companies in the entertainment industry know my schedule, so generally they approach me for short-term activities.
I ask my agent not to inform me even it’s a really good offer.
Since I have already decided to work on Supernatural, why should I be bothered by things I am definitely not able to accomplish? I always tell my agent to just inform me works we decide to do and nothing else.
Q: What are your criteria for selecting scripts and works?

A: Production team. I care about if I can work with the team happily and smoothly as well as if the story and characters are creative and interesting.

Q: How do you define “success”?

 A: Happiness, to make myself and other people happy. I believe happiness, health, comfort are the essences of life. I look forward to an simple, joyful and comfortable life.   
Q: Do you think you are a successful actor?

A: Yes, haha. I think I am doing fine. People seem to like me.
Q: Do you have any idols in life or in work?

A:  I admire my father the most. He is a very wise man. On one hand he can see the easy path and the hard one in the first place; on the other hand, he will not stop me from choosing the hard path, he will gladly let me do anything I want but meanwhile he is prepared to overcome those difficulties with me. I hope I can be a father like him in the future.

Q: What’s your priority in your life? Career, family or love?

A:  Family will always be my first priority. My wife, daughter, parents are the most important. I will never prioritize my work over the time I can spend with them. I won’t choose anything over the happiness of my family. I think it’s good that my wife and daughter stay with me and I have a job that I like.

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento